Welcome to the team – Brian McEvoy!
Introducing a new member of the Lab651 team, Brian McEvoy! We’re excited to have Brian on board as a test engineer.
Get to know Brian:
- What did you want to be when you grew up? Are you doing it?
I knew it had to be something with electricity, and I am an electronic engineer, so I think I wound up where I was supposed to go.
- What makes a good coworker?
A smile. An extra coffee mug doesn’t hurt either.
- Do you have any unique family traditions?
I don’t think it’s on purpose, but my brother and I always send birthday gifts long after the actual date.
- How do you spend your free time?
I am constantly building things or writing. My projects are often electronic, so I have shelves and shelves of parts.
- What are your favorite vacation spots?
Thermopolis, Wyoming, has a water park built on a hot spring, so the whole park is warm water. My mom also got the best BBQ ribs of her life there.
- Which fictional character do you most relate to?
Gyro Gearloose from the 80s DuckTales sums me up nicely. He has a zany shack filled with his creations.
- Do you have a bucket list? What’s on it?
I don’t have a bucket list, but I would like to visit more foreign countries.
- If you could instantly acquire one talent or ability, what would it be? Why?
I want to be able to use chording keyboards. I like taking walks, but it’s hard to jot down notes.
- What’s your position at Lab651, and what are you most looking forward to about working here?
I am a test engineer for Lab651, and I look forward to problem-solving, which has always been the highlight of any day since it gets the neurons firing.