As Neil deGrasse Tyson famously states, “There’s no shame in admitting what you don’t know. The only shame is pretending you know all the answers.”
When a company embarks on the journey of building a product that is connected to the Internet, there’s a few key points that everyone within the organization should be asking themselves.
- Why are your taking on this initiative?
- Do you have the skills needed to succeed in this endeavor?
A study from Merrimack found the following:
- 76 percent of those surveyed need additional senior, strategic level staff with skills in IoT
- 72 percent reported a shortage those with management-level experience in IoT
- 80 percent lacked IoT skills that ensure that the solutions work as originally intended.
- 60 percent lacked staff with the cybersecurity experience needed to handle the large datasets generated by IoT.
And people wonder why 75% of all IoT projects fail? The odds are stacked against these companies that try and build an IoT product alone!
As cofounder of Lab 651, Justin Grammens says, “I’ve seen it many times in my 20+ year technology career – some companies fear hiring experts from outside their own organization. It’s a fact that strong and successful companies will admit when they don’t know it all.”
Today we are excited to announce formalized IoT training from Lab 651! With our multiple engineering disciplines at Lab 651 and customer centric product development, you are able to choose from 3 course offerings:
- Skimming the Surface – This introductory course sets the stage. It begins with a conversation with your leadership teams to learn about your business and share our industry experience.
- The Art of What’s Possible – This session will cover all topics from “Skimming the Surface”, but additionally outputs a custom strategic roadmap for your organization and produce a rough architecture document for what a connected solution looks like for your business and help you calculate return on your investment.
- Technical Deep Dive – The course is a deep dive and hand-on workshop into what it takes to design and build a successful IoT solution. The output of this course entails gathering data from the physical world in real-time with visualizations in the cloud.
Get a jump start on your competition and engage with Lab 651 to learn the art of what’s possible when you build IoT products. We have consulted with and are now working to train everything from startups to Fortune 100 companies to understand and build intelligent systems connected to the Internet. We’ve done work with hundreds of companies just like yours. Let us teach you what we know.
Checkout our full training offering today!