Work on Wicked Cool Technology
At Lab 651, we believe in pushing the boundaries of technology to provide better experiences and value to our clients and their customers. By joining our team, you'll get in on the ground level of a growing business that is making a difference in the world through connected products. Best of all, you'll be growing your career with the opportunity to work with the best software, electrical, and mechanical engineers in the industry -- and having fun while doing it!
The Internet of Things is here! And we're building something unique with an outstanding cross-functional team of engineers right here in St. Paul, MN. The positions listed here are hourly positions that include paid vacation, health and retirement benefits!
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE!
For any of the opportunities below, please send your resume and a link to your Github or Bitbucket repositories (if applicable) to email@example.com. This is a fast-growing industry and opportunities change, so be sure to check back often!
Some of the many advantages of working at Lab 651 include:
- Work with teams on projects involving multiple engineering disciplines.
- Highly creative start-up atmosphere
- Many opportunities to show leadership
- Broad base of tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to create new work practices and change existing ones
- Products we work on can literally change the world
For any of the opportunities below, please send your resume and a link to your Github or Bitbucket repositories (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a fast growing industry and opportunities change, so be sure to check back often!
Lead Systems Engineer
Lab 651 is seeking a creative, passionate and energetic Electrical / Embedded Systems Engineer. Here is an opportunity to lead a group of engineers who is focused on changing the way their clients do business through technology. It’s your turn to find solutions to customers problems. It’s a fast paced environment where you will be working on multiple projects and interfacing with multiple customers.
- Lead the electrical and firmware teams of our IoT focused product design firm, and lead innovation from concept through design and validation
- Responsible primarily for systems engineering, architecture hands-on development, integration and evaluation of sensors and IoT platforms and functions based on Cellular, Bluetooth, wired and other IoT technologies
- Collaborate with mechanical and software teams to define product architecture and design rules, drive reductions in cost, and improvements in performance
- Collaborate with electrical engineers to optimize component selection, placement and layout in conjunction with mechanical team’s architecture
- Collaborate with software and test engineers to capture requirements and ensure interoperability between software and hardware
- Be responsible for architecture and integration of sensors, radios, components, haptics, accessories and firmware architecture to provide incredible user experiences
- Dream up, design and coordinate build of advanced prototypes and products
- Support integration of advanced sensors into both internal and customer products and designs
- Participate in defining system requirements, evaluate technologies and solutions
- Support the sales team with technical leadership during lead customer meetings
- Explores/invents new services/use cases for potential new business initiatives.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science, Computer Science, or related field
- Extremely detail oriented, with passion to perfect and document designs and processes
- Persuasive and organized technical communicator to team members and management
- Ability to self-manage and deliver according to a schedule
- Track record in hardware, firmware and software innovation and leadership
- 8 years experience in systems design and integration for mobile/wireless/IoT products
- Have delivered successful volume-based products from concept/architecture through mass production
- Broad and deep mechanical, electrical, and materials engineering knowledge of ICs, PCBs, touch, haptics, displays and manufacturing processes
- Ability to evaluate a large set of tradeoffs and possibilities in interactions of various components and systems and select optimal solution
This is an amazing opportunity to work on life changing technology and be able to have huge impact on Lab 651 and the customers we work with. Are you up for the job? Send your resume and links to email@example.com.
Full Stack Engineer
Lab 651 is looking for a highly creative, passionate and energetic full stack / hybrid mobile engineer. In this role, you will have the opportunity to build exciting new technology for our customers, while expanding your skills into new areas. It’s a fun and fast paced environment where you'll have the opportunity to work on multiple projects.
- Working experience with Ruby on Rails
- Working experience with Node.js
- Demonstrated use of Angular, React or Vue
- Experience in both relational and non-relational databases (i.e MongoDB and PostgreSQL, etc )
- Experience in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
This is an amazing opportunity to work on life changing technology and have an impact on Lab 651 and the customers we work with. Are you up for the job? Send your resume and links to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mobile Application Engineer
Are you sick of building boring apps that don't change the world? Want to build applications that interface with the physical world and control smart connected / IoT products? We're looking for a mobile engineer to join our team as a contract-to-hire engineer with eventual full-time salary with health, dental, 401K and vacation benefits.
We provide a creative work environment including pop, snacks, ping pong, quarterly outings and a flexible work schedule. Best of all you'll be working on exciting projects with both large and small clients that involve learning cutting edge technology at the intersection of IoT. Through the products we build, you'll gain exposure to wireless, hardware, mobile applications, software and data science. At Lab 651, you have the ability to create change and move fast.
- Developed a native iOS or Android application or built a mobile application using a cross platform frameworks such as Ionic, Cordova, React Native or Xamarin
- Published at least one application in the App Store
- Share and sample code of a project you developed
- Experience with Bluetooth, BLE / iBeacon, or other wireless protocols connecting to devices
- Work with charting, graphic or visualization
- Experience with Unity or other gaming engines on mobile
Interested in applying for the position and learning more? Send your resume and links to email@example.com.